Adults of all genders
I have a special interest in helping clients who may be struggling with gender identity or trans issues; who identify as LGBTQIA+; or who are navigating life transitions such as divorce, job change, illness, graduation, or moving.
I also enjoy working with the following issues and clients:
- Those living with HIV/AIDS
- Self esteem
- Relationship issues
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Georgia
- LCSW, Colorado
- Telehealth LCSW, Florida
- Telehealth Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Vermont
- Master of Social Work (MSW), Florida State University
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Literature and Creative Writing, Bennington College
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Sociology, New College of Florida
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for Individuals and Couples
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Interpersonal Group Psychotherapy
- Clinical Hypnosis
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work (GSCSW)
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
Therapeutic Philosophy & Approach
I am considered an integrative psychotherapist. This means that I am trained in a variety of modalities and will draw on specific interventions depending on the client’s needs.
I am most philosophically aligned with the related schools of Humanistic Psychotherapy and Existential Psychotherapy. Humanistic Psychotherapy is a holistic approach that focuses on self-exploration, personal growth, and reaching our potential. Existential Psychotherapy is very similar and emphasizes freedom, personal choice, and creating meaning in our lives.
Clients and I often explore these themes using techniques from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), a type of cognitive behavioral therapy. ACT guides us in getting to know our authentic selves in deeper ways; increases psychological flexibility in order to weaken old patterns; and moves us toward goals that are in alignment with what we really need and want.